From its beginnings in 1890 in Hawthorn, Melbourne this stunning block-fronted Victorian weatherboard house was relocated to its new home in 2011.
Sited on 137 acres in three titles, this grand Victorian homestead has been extensively renovated with no expense spared. It sits on an elevated site with 360 degree views, well set-back from the bitumen road, with a 600 metre claret ash tree-lined driveway (complete with watering system).
Comprising 5 bedrooms (or 4 bedrooms plus a study) all with 11-12 foot ceilings, the main bedroom contains a large walk in robe and ensuite.
The central hallway, with stained glass entry and complete with arches and corbels, opens into an open-plan kitchen/family/meals with a stunning Architectural 14 foot/4.2 metre 'Coffered' ceiling. The house is enveloped with a full wrap-around verandah with merbau decking. NBN is connected with extremely fast speed.
Mains Town Water is connected via the rear of property and supplied directly in two 22,500 litre rainwater tanks (on demand/when required at the turn of a tap!). There is a 2 megalitre water right also attached to this property that fills directly in to the main dam. The pumphouse on the main dam, containing a powerful Davies pump and connected with underground power, supplies water via underground pipe to taps around the house; the tree-lined driveway with individual sprays to trees; and water to toughs feeding 8 paddocks. There are extensive native tree plantations along boundary and fence lines.
An extensive "no expense spared" renovation was undertaken in 2011-12 including:
- new concrete stumps;
- new roof and gutters;
- fully insulated - ceiling/walls/under floor;
- completely rewired with period light switches and power points fitted; period lighting (some original - some reproduction);
- Totally re-plumbed with new septic system;
- New weatherboards and freshly painted;
- new plaster to original part of the house with decorative ceiling roses fitted; new pine lining to new extension;
- Main large bathroom with claw foot bath, tessellated tiles and large shower;
- Two evaporative coolers, zoned, servicing the entire house;
- New country-style kitchen and huge Butler's pantry - SMEG oven and AEG integrated dishwasher;
- Efficient ESSE woodfired heater/oven warms the house;
- Rebuilt and fully operational 5 working fireplaces with Murray Dampners fitted (to stop draughts, bugs, birds etc). Timber mantles to each fireplace - two original to this house;
- New instant gas hot water system (gas bottles filled quarterly by Elgas);
- All new windows/French doors to extension.
The huge main shed is 18m long x 8 metres wide x 3.5m high (with concrete floor); with skillion along one side of 6 metres wide (concrete floor to enclosed section of 6m x 7.2m). There is also a two-post, clear span, 4.5 tonne car hoist which will remain. Fabulous for the car enthusiast!
Other shedding via Fogartys road includes a large open side shed of approx. 18 x 6 metres with small lock up section of approx. 4 x 3 metres. There is also a raised, secure shed of approx. 8 x 5m; and an old shearing shed.
Set up for horses, there is new fencing to horse paddocks comprising 3 large paddocks of approx. 10-15 acres each; 4 smaller paddocks of approx. 3-4 acres with stallion height fencing); and one small paddock of approx. 1/4 acre. All paddocks have electric fencing installed. There is also a large electric fenced dog run/paddock (approx. 25 x 40 metres) with tank/town water trough and shade trees;
A local farmer has been share-cropping approx. 80-90 acres of the property for the past 3 years and is happy to continue. No costs to owner - and the owner getting 1/3 share of the sale of the crop post-harvest. Barley crop sown with harvest approx. Nov/Dec.
Situated in a lovely peaceful setting 15 minutes Eaglehawk; 25 minutes Bendigo CBD; 30 minutes Elmore; 20 minutes Bridgewater.
STCA, opportunity to sell off 100 acres and keep 37 acres and the house and shedding, including two larger paddocks to the south of the driveway.